J. Andrew Douglas is a Partner with WKD. He has extensive experience in handling a diverse array of real estate matters on behalf of his commercial clients, specializing in negotiating acquisitions, sales, leases and financing, as well as in litigating complex matters on behalf of such clients, including landlord/tenant disputes, eminent domain, title insurance and other insurance claims. On behalf of his residential clients, he specializes in broker/realtor duties and compliance, misrepresentations, and/or failures to disclose in purchase agreements, easement and property line rights. He also has a background in financial institution and insurance coverage law, and a successful record representing business and individuals in both real estate and business litigation, both at trial, in arbitration and on appeal. Additionally, Mr. Douglas handles, on a case by case basis, probate and trust matters, particularly as they relate to his real estate/litigation practice.
Mr. Douglas is licensed to practice in California, Colorado and Arizona. He is admitted to practice before the United States Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals, the United States District Court for the District of Arizona and the Central, Northern and Southern Districts of California.
A native of Illinois, Mr. Douglas migrated to California and attended the University of California, Los Angeles, where he received a Bachelor of Arts degree in Communication Studies with an emphasis in Business Administration, graduating cum laude through the College Honors Program. He obtained his Juris Doctor degree from the University of Southern California. He also clerked with the Arizona State Court of Appeal.
Mr. Douglas was a featured lecturer at the University of Southern California Gould School of Law for more than 10 years. Mr. Douglas has been AV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell Peer Review Ratings since 2008. He also serves as a volunteer and Vice Chairman of the Pasadena Tournament of Roses, and volunteers for AYSO and Pasadena American Little League.
- California Bar Association
- Colorado Bar Association
- Arizona Bar Association
- Los Angeles County Bar Association
- Pasadena Bar Association
Classes & Seminars Taught
- Lecturer, University of Southern California Law School
- Guest Lecturer, Cochise Community College, Sierra Vista, Arizona
- LACBA- Aviva Bobb Advance CAC Training- 2023 Edition, CAC & Private Counsel, the New Rules & Ethical Considerations,with Co-Speaker David Kim, Wright Kim Douglas, ALC, Los Angeles, CA, March 18, 2023
- Current and Upcoming Laws Affecting Real Estate Assets, 28th Annual PFAC Educational Conference with Co-Speaker Vineendra Jain, MBA, CPM, Ingenious Asset Group, Inc., Hyatt Regency Embarcadero Center, San Francisco, CA, June 1, 2023
- Elder Abuse Claims and Challenges to Real Estate Transaction, Los Angeles County Bar Association - Title Insurance Subsection with Co-Speakers Hon. Reva G. Goetz, Ret. and Marshal Oldman, Esq., Los Angeles, September 18, 2018
“The Uniform Probate Code’s Nod to the Partnership Theory of Marriage: The 1990 Elective Share Revisions,” Probate Law Journal 125 (1992) (w/ Prof. Charles Whitebread, USC Law Center).